Wednesday, January 2, 2008

new year resolutionsss...

happy new year!

so fast 2008... so scary! anyway, there are some things i wish to accomplish n do in the new year 2008..

1) lose weight. yep, definitely need to lose some weight. i've gained like alot of kg and inches added to the waist etc. its time i do SOMETHING. i'll wana go jogging, play squash... my goal is to lose enough to have a respectable bmi AND to be able to wear this pants of mine, which i cant fit into right now. lol.

2) to do well in my job and grow my business. honestly, my sales are ok. and put it this way, my business is growing steadily, my 2006 outperformed 2005. and i did better in 2007 than 2006. in short, so far so good. BUT, its not good enough. i havent won any major awards like MDRT (million dollar round table, a prestigious award in insurance industry). personally, i'm not crazy abt getting awards, i don't chiong sales for the sake of getting an award. i just wan to recommend ppl good products and if in the process, can quality for award, i'll be happy liao. its like a 顺便 thing lah. but, my this thinking started to have a change. what triggered this thought was when i met up with the ex "love of my life". and i realised, what i have and wat i achieved is so far behind this person! we're in the same industry, jus different company, but already own a car, rent condo apartment, and thinking of getting a NEW car (considering audi A4 or bmw somemore) when i don't even have a bicycle!! 我还在 blur blur 搞不清楚状况! 人家已经在事业是那么的高高在上, 我还真是有点在人家面前丢人现眼...

and lately, i suddenly realise wat if my friends and clients 小看我 because i didnt win anythin major? den maybe they think im lousy and dont trust me and wont refer ppl to me? so i started to tink, maybe if i have an award or sth, my clients will tink better of me? or maybe they'll feel good too, because its them who've helped me achieve the award..

so i hope to 攀上高峰.

3) earn more money. more accurate description would be: have more savings. lol. alot of ppl tell me not everythin is abt money. i agree. but when bills come, stomach hungry, when im sick kena illness hospitalised... everythin! u tell me if its not abt money? feel free to disagree with me. i used to tink the poor can also live happily. yeah, sure, but in singapore? i dont tink so. i have to be more practical. i cannot spend (waste) $$$ on ppl who dont deserve it. i cannot spend too much on shopping and things i dont need. i already past the stage where "the more clothes the better" or "blindly buy things for the sake of material satisfaction". shopping to me 适可而止 can liao.

4) travel and holiday. ill wana bring my mom and just holiday have fun and see the world. starting with HK in late feb. i havent been to HK and she's been wanting to go there again. we jus need to wait for my bro's confirmation on his ORD date den i can go book tickets liao.

5) find a bf, partner, love one, watever. guy, girl, anyone! to be not lonely anymore, i need to keep my options open. lol. few months back, a friend of mine wants to "hook me up" with a colleague of hers. and she started to tell me weird things and ask funny questions. but the meet up hasn't happened leh. haha.

6) again, save money!!! i'm moving house, end of the year. so i need to have enough for renovation and the furniture etc. i saw at departmental stores that mattresses costs thousands!! siao! luckily i saw at ikea its only hundreds. thank goodness!! imagine if i need to spend 90% of my furniture budget on a damn mattress. kek sim!

ok those are the six major things i wan to do in 2008. of cos there are other small little ones here n there, but these 6 are my priorities. hahaha

No comments: