Tuesday, August 4, 2009

just to add something...

for the past few weeks, my boss asked me to be in office at 10am every day. that is not a problem, cos its like rather late, considering most of employees start work at 7am or 8.30am.

the only thing is, what can i do in office at 10am? i cant use my laptop, because the boss thinks thats inefficient. ok, so i cant check emails that prudential send out regarding news and information? whatever.

anyway, past few weeks, i am indeed in office at 10am everyday. ok maybe some days were like 10.10am or something. or some days i have prudential training courses at newton. some days the boss is not in his room. so i do my own stuff and tasks on hand, and i usually leave at 11.30 or 12noon, depending on where n when i meet my friends or clients for lunch.

here's the thing, some days the boss returns at maybe 12noon, and he'll see i'm not in office. and he immediately assumes i wasn't in office at 10am. bloody hell. how did i know he assumes that? well, he told me abt it this morning "eileen, i have never seen u in office at 10am."

i was boiling inside. because, firstly, he's not even in his room at 10am! ok, its also my fault that i never go into his room to say hi when he is indeed around, i just do my own things quietly outside. i didnt say anything to his accusation, he continued "i asked my people, and none of them said they saw you"

我整个人怒火中烧!because the thing is, at 10am in office, i have never seen any of his people around! most of my colleagues reach office after lunch time, 2pm or some come in at 5pm. excuse me, how then will they ever see me in the morning?

i almost wanted to scream at him like "HELLO? ur people? since when ur people come into office in the morning??" but i didnt lah, i just replied very nicely with "oh, i also don't see them around in the morning"

but i have witnesses lah, duh, i maybe low profile, but i am not invisible. people from the other agency have seen me lah. the manager of another agency said to me once "hey eileen, i have been seeing u regularly in the morning recently, very good" ok simple comments like these would brighten up my day. i dont need compliments, i just need encouragements and acknowledgement. is that so bloody difficult and demanding??

i think my boss is angry that i leave office early too. eh, i do need to go out and meet people rite? ah boh how? sigh. and i think he also cannot grasp the concept that i need time to travel from point A to point B. once, he was looking at my schedule which i wrote as:

10am-11am: office
12noon: appointment at expo

he said "i notice u have a big gap from 11am until 12noon, what were u doing in between?" its so irritating to have this kinda stupid interrogation. he continued to say that i should have stayed in office longer to do cold callings until the next appointment at 12noon. err. right. i do need time to travel u know? i dont think he even knows how long it takes to travel on train from tanjong pagar to expo. either that or he thinks i can fly.

it is the biggest pet peeve of mine to be wronged and maligned. i just cannot stand the fact that my efforts and past achievements were conveniently erased and forgotten, what he said and accused me of, its as if i have ALWAYS been performing badly. i hate double standards. my production for past months have been OK. not high flyer not fantastic, but OK. i have this colleague who always have difficulty closing case, its not that he's lazy, but he just cannot bring in cases. there was once in meeting the boss commented on his efforts, because he "broke the egg" for that month. boss was really happy that the agent is no longer zero case. and then the same boss tells me that i've never been to office at 10am and that my production has been real bad, actually he said it was horrible. i mean, what the hell? stupid double standards.

i know its unethical and bloody wrong to bitch about work. but i've been so suppressed lately that i'm gonna explode if i dont let it out. so, no names have been mentioned for obvious reasons.

No comments: